NewYork, NY – the financial capital of North America. Someone rightly said “New York is so amazing that they named it twice ;-)”. What all you can experience will depend on how many days you spend in the city. NY is a bouquet of different flowers that caters every visitor in its own way. From beaches to museums, from buildings to Monuments – You get everything you wish to see.
Must See Places:
- Ground Zero: Who doesn’t remember 9/11 – the day that shocked the whole of humanity. No matter where you stay during your visit to the city, Ground Zero should be the first one in your list of Places to visit.
- Freedom Tower: A stunning view of one of the tallest buildings in the world would not let you leave the place. WorldOne or the Freedom Tower is said to be the tallest building in the country. The restaurant on the 101st floor gives an amazing view of the NewYork skyline. You must visit the restaurant if you want to experience how it feels to be on top of the world.
- Statue of Liberty: How can someone miss one of the seven wonders of the world? I am not going to write more about how it was built and what is the significance of this monument, as this is easily available in the internet. You will also get to learn about it when you enter the Liberty Island Ferry which you can get from the Battery Park – Lower Manhattan.
- Brooklyn Bridge: The iconic Brooklyn Bridge is a show stopper. The view is magnificent and your tour will be incomplete if you do not walk pass the East River. You would have seen it in most of the Indian movies shot in NY and you could replay the scenes in your mind while walking on the bridge.
- Empire State Building: The second tallest building of the city. This one is famous for the light show which covers the building every evening with different colors. If you want, you can go to the 80th and the top floor and have a look at the NY skyline.
- PATH Station: As the name suggests, it is a train station. Underground train is the lifeline of NewYork city. PATH Station – also known as World Trade Center Station – is, in my opinion, the most beautiful railway station I have ever seen in my life. This one is huge and beautiful. This station connects the whole of NewYork with NewJersey. They have built a huge structure around and if you are visiting the Ground Zero, you must check this out.
- Time Square: Time Square is the most visited place in NewYork. The ambience is so awesome that you would spend hours without even realising it. The big screens all around will force you to click pictures, capture videos and go live in social media.
- Best Time to Visit : Whenever you have enough money 😋. NewYork is pretty expensive hence my suggestion would be to stay in NewJersey during your visit. April till November would be the best time as it gets really cold during winters.
I tried sharing my experience off my visit to the city. Please let me know what you think about this blog and if you liked it, do not forget to share.